Thursday, December 16, 2010

Apples and Bananas with Peanut Butter and Soy Yogurt Dip

I overcomplicate a lot of things. (If you don’t believe me ask my husband J) I sometimes get so caught up in trying to find new and exciting ways to make healthy snacks for my kids that I forget how simple children are! Like most kids, my girls love dipping finger foods.
This is such an easy snack to make. See? Sliced apples and bananas with a few tablespoons of peanut butter and some soy yogurt and they’re happy campers! You may be thinking, “Wow! That’s a lot of food for some little bellies!” Stick with me......

Here’s my philosophy on that one. As a society many of us have lost touch with our hunger and fullness scales. Many of us grew up in the generation of not being able to leave the table until everything on the plate was gone. I’m a firm believer that kids know their bodies. They know when they’re hungry or full. My kids usually don’t finish their meals and that’s OK because they’re learning to trust their bodies and understand that it’s alright to save some for later.

Presley wiped out the apples and about half the peanut butter.

Carsyn went right for the bananas and organic soy yogurt.

1 comment:

  1. They are so adorable in their little jammies!
    What an inspiration you are setting such a good example for your kids.

    ReplyDelete